Head Protection (PPE)
Safety helmets are tested in our accredited test laboratory according to relevant European and US-American and Canadian standards.
PZT is accredited by the DAkkS (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle) the German Accreditation Body as test laboratory and certification body for the type examination procedure according to Directive 89/686/EEC and Regulation (EU) 2016/425 (basis for CE-mark).
The accreditation covers:
- Helmets for protection against falling objects
- EN 397 (industrial safety helmets)
- EN 14052 ( high performance industrial helmets)
- EN 50365 (electrically insulating helmets)
- EN 12492 (helmets for mountaineers)
- Protection against the effects of striking against hard, stationary objects
- EN 812 (bump caps)
- Helmets for protection from fall injuries
- EN 1077 (helmets for alpine skiers and snowboarders)
- EN 1078 (helmets for pedal cyclists and for users of skateboards and roller skates)
- EN 1080 (impact protection helmets for young children)
- EN 1384 (helmets for equestrian activities)
USA/Canada + Australia/New Zealand
Conformance tests for USA/Canada and/or Australia/New Zealand also belong to our test range. The tests can be performed in parallel with the conformity test for Europe. The synergy effects mean time- and cost-savings for the manufacturer.
USA / Canada
tests according to
- ANSI/ISEA Z.89.1-2014 Industrial Head Protection
- CAN/CSA-Z94.1-05 (R2013) "Industrial protective headwear – performance, selection, care and use"
test according to
AS/NZS 1801:1997: Occupational Protective Helmets